Thursday, January 7, 2010

Whats New With Us

Finally the holidays are over and I can come up for some air.  With all the Christmas events, it seems like we have been going constantly.  I was so eager to get the Christmas decor up but I think I was just as ready to get it all taken down.  The house always seems so bare after everything is put away.  I love decorating for Christmas. I made it to WalMart to catch the after Christmas specials and bought some new decor for next year, so the house will be pretty decked out!  So now it's 2010, lots of exciting things in store for us.  Arlee's 1st birthday is in 6 months, call me crazy but I have already been thinking about what to do.  Its a big birthday but I really can't get to carried away because she wont get to enjoy much being so young.  She does need to have family, friends, cake, and a theme.   Also this year we are getting her babtised, she just got a really pretty dress to wear.     
Arlee is a week shy of 6 months, I say this alot but where does time go!  I find myself looking at newborn babies thinking aww look how tiny and cuddly they are.  Arlee is getting big and doesn't like to be cuddled so much anymore.  She is getting so big that from lugging her around I have bursitis in my hip and my arm.  Its nothing major just fluid sacks that form around your muscles.  I just need to take it easy for a few weeks.  But how is that going to happen? We will see.  Back to Arlee, she has started eating lots of baby food.  She loves sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots.  She hates green beans, and peas.  We haven't started any fruits yet, but we will soon.  I was giving her cereal in the morning but she hates it, hates the rice and oatmeal kind.  So we just do baby food twice a day and every now and then I will see if she will do cereal but she usually won't.  She is starting to crawl, she will take a few crawl steps and then fall.  I think by the end of the week she will be a pro crawler.  So this weekend we have to baby proof some things.  We have a stairway that needs some attention.  She is always after the animals, she does this belly flopping thing to get to them but they usually just run away by the time she gets close.  Most of our house downstairs is hardwood floors, so it makes me nervous to think about her crawling on the hard floor and pulling up and falling.  She is trying to pull up on  things to try and lift herself up.  She loves to walk if you hold her hands she will go all over the house walking with you.  It gets her so excited she starts screaching.  If she isn't trying to crawl she likes beating her hand on things and chewing everything.  Still no teeth but we are in teething mode.  Tylenol has been our best friend here lately.  It seems like when she's teething she is so moody and very clingy to me.  I can hardly put her down some days.   

Here she is trying to crawl.  She does have good form, haha.

No comments: