Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Crib Talk

Over the past few weeks I have been trying to get Arlee used to sleeping in her crib.  I started putting her down for naps in her crib to get her used to it, then at night I would put her there to but she would last about an hour.  It seemed like we spent the night moving her from crib to swing to our bed, running up and down stairs.  So over the weekend we decided it was only the crib.  The first night she cryed off and on from 11pm til around 3am, I would go in every 5-10 minutes to calm her.  It was hard, I didn't want her to cry.  I almost gave up but I knew it would be worth it in the long run. One thing I am glad we got was the video moniter, it is so nice to see what she is doing so I don't have to go in and check on her, becasue if she sees us she wants us.  She was so tired from all that she took a 4 hour nap the next day, poor thing!!  The next few nights after that were a breeze, no crying at all. She went right to sleep, she would wake up and grunt when her music thing stopped.  So we got an i-pod dock to put in her room, and I made her a playlist to play through the night.  That helped so much, she did even better.  Except she keeps rolling over on her tummy to sleep and it makes me nervous because of the SIDS risk.  I just go in and roll her over.  I don't know what else to do to stop her.  We are very proud of her for being a big girl and sleeping all night in her crib finally!!  If only we could do without the 12am feeding!!


Heres a pic of Halloween, we got all dressed up and momma forgot to put the battery in the camera, so all I got was a cell phone pic.  I will have to get the ones my mom took!  She was a bear, she hated her hat after like 2 minutes! 



1 comment:

Darci said...

Everything I've read and from what our dr said once Arlee is rolling it's generally fine for them to sleep on their belly. Does she roll from belly to back or just back to belly? I wouldn't worry at this point she is strong enough to hold/push herself up if she needs to! I wouldn't risk rolling her over and waking her up! haha! So glad to hear it went well! Did you try the new formula?