Monday, November 30, 2009

New Stuff

This has been a long week for us.  We hosted Thanksgiving this year, it turned out to be a great time.  I cooked my very first turkey, even boke out the china!  It was a little nerve racking but once it was all said and done, I would do it again anytime.  It is so nice to get all the family together, Wayco and I both have small immediate families so we can combine them and its just the right size.  Plus they all get along pretty good.  Arlee had it made with 3 Grandmas and 3 Grandpas to spoil her at the same time! 

This was the first year I didn't have to work on Black Friday in 6 years, so I went and did a little shopping in Pittsburg and took Arlee with us.  She loves people watching and cruising in her stroller!  There weren't to many good deals for me but I managed to get a few things, it was just mainly nice to be back in Pitt for a while and get to have Mall Deli!! All the people shopping just reminded me that I need to start X-mas shopping ASAP!

Also we had a breakthrough this weekend.  We all got a full nights sleep!! Arlee usually would wake up between 1and 3 am to eat, well she didn't!! She didn't wake up til 6 - 6:30am all 3 nights so far!!  It was so nice to sleep!  I love my sleep and have been waiting and waiting to for her to sleep all night.  We are very much in our routine now.  I always tried to have a routine with her but every few weeks her eating and sleeping would change so we never really had to strict of one.  Now and for the past month she is on a schedule like you wouldn't believe.  Bath by 7:30pm bottle right after and bed no later than 8:15 pm!  Its so nice, well most of the time.  Here is an example of when a routine isn't so nice to have.  We had to get alot at Wal-Mart so we dropped Arlee off at my parents and we got back to get her a few minutes after 7pm she had started fussing and wouldn't stop til we got her home in her bath tub! Man she really knows when its time!!  So we have to plan everything around her bath time, haha.  I am glad to say we hardly ever use the swing anymore, Arlee practically lived in that swing the first 2or 3 months of her life. Now she may go days without it!  No more constantly charging batteries!  She sleeps in her pack-n-play downstairs during the day and in her crib at night.  Things just keep getting better and better!  Now if only we could potty train, haha!

No comments: